ABC and NBC

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      I just returned from a week of vacation. Looks like I missed
      quite a bit of activity during the past week regarding ABC
      and NBC.

      Regarding KGO-ABC, apparently the PSIP generator has bit the
      dust again. When I go back to work on Monday I'll find out
      what happened and let you know. In the mean time, KGO-DT is
      definitely on the air, but on 24.1 and 24.2, not on 7.1 and
      7.2.

      I checked out the new NBC feed on channel 48/49. On my Sony,
      a KD-34-XBR2, I get KSTS-Telemundo on 48.1, blank, but active,
      channels on 48.2 and 48.3, KSTS-Telemundo on 49.1 and KNTV-NBC
      on 49.2. My set will not allow me to put channel 49 into my
      channel list though, since the PSIP is active. It will only
      allow me to enter 48.

      If I go up my channel list I go from 45.1 to 47.1, 48.1, 48.2,
      48.3, then 50. It skips 49. To get KNTV I have to manually
      punch in 49.2.

      It looks like the PSIP is set up correctly for Telemundo on
      48.1, but KNTV is not included and doesn't show up on 48.2 as
      it should. My set thinks that something should be on 48.1 and
      48.3, though. I hope that helps you, Richard, at KNTV.

      Larry
      Still on vacation from KGO-TV/DT
      :-)
    • lesesq
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        KNTV-DT is still dead here. With both of my tuners (Samsung T150
        and Samsung T165) I get the error message "NO AV" on 48.2.

        48.1 is ok (Telemundo).

        49 actual remaps to 48.1 and 48.2, but I don't get anything on 48.2.

        I've repeatedly deleted and re-entered the channels, but it doesn't
        help.

        Richard Swank of KNTV, please fix the PSIP. It's broken for lots of
        us.

        Thanks,

        Les

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@L...>
        wrote:
        > I just returned from a week of vacation. Looks like I missed
        > quite a bit of activity during the past week regarding ABC
        > and NBC.
        >
        > Regarding KGO-ABC, apparently the PSIP generator has bit the
        > dust again. When I go back to work on Monday I'll find out
        > what happened and let you know. In the mean time, KGO-DT is
        > definitely on the air, but on 24.1 and 24.2, not on 7.1 and
        > 7.2.
        >
        > I checked out the new NBC feed on channel 48/49. On my Sony,
        > a KD-34-XBR2, I get KSTS-Telemundo on 48.1, blank, but active,
        > channels on 48.2 and 48.3, KSTS-Telemundo on 49.1 and KNTV-NBC
        > on 49.2. My set will not allow me to put channel 49 into my
        > channel list though, since the PSIP is active. It will only
        > allow me to enter 48.
        >
        > If I go up my channel list I go from 45.1 to 47.1, 48.1, 48.2,
        > 48.3, then 50. It skips 49. To get KNTV I have to manually
        > punch in 49.2.
        >
        > It looks like the PSIP is set up correctly for Telemundo on
        > 48.1, but KNTV is not included and doesn't show up on 48.2 as
        > it should. My set thinks that something should be on 48.1 and
        > 48.3, though. I hope that helps you, Richard, at KNTV.
        >
        > Larry
        > Still on vacation from KGO-TV/DT
        > :-)
      • mhensley_sj
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
          I think they're doing the best they can. The DTV "standard" was not
          implemented uniformly across the receivers in general use. As such,
          they're having to tangle with a bunch of receivers that all handle it
          differently--even amongst like receiver models with different
          firmware revisions. It's clear they're being responsive, and trying
          to get to work for everyone, but I think it's going to require a lot
          of patience on our end as well.