Winegard PR-8800 vs ChannelMaster 4228

  • a_friend101 <a_friend101@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
      Which one would you choose?

      It will be installed on a the roof of a 2 story apartment building in
      San Jose (Meridian and Minnisota)aka Willow Glen.
    • Michael Larson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
        I am near Lincoln and Minnesota in Willow Glen and getting everything
        fine except FOX. I am using a ChannelMaster 4228. I never tried the
        Winegard so I do not know if FOX will work better there.

        I am also on a one-story, so your being on a 2-story might help.

        -larson

        On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 01:12 AM, a_friend101
        <a_friend101@...> wrote:

        > Which one would you choose?
        >
        > It will be installed on a the roof of a 2 story apartment building in
        > San Jose (Meridian and Minnisota)aka Willow Glen.
      • Brian Vowell
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
          According to the rep where we buy our antennas, the Winegard is supposed
          to minimize ghosting and reflections. We've seen pretty even gain
          across the entire UHF band from ours.

          --b

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
            What store here in the bay area carrys the Winegard 8800?

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Brian Vowell <brian@d...> wrote:
            > According to the rep where we buy our antennas, the Winegard is
            supposed
            > to minimize ghosting and reflections. We've seen pretty even gain
            > across the entire UHF band from ours.
            >

            > --b
            >
            > Michael Larson wrote:
            >
            > > I am near Lincoln and Minnesota in Willow Glen and getting
            everything
            > > fine except FOX. I am using a ChannelMaster 4228. I never tried
            the
            > > Winegard so I do not know if FOX will work better there.
            > >
            > > I am also on a one-story, so your being on a 2-story might help.
            > >
            > > -larson
            > >
            > > On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 01:12 AM, a_friend101
            > > <a_friend101@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Which one would you choose?
            > >
            > > It will be installed on a the roof of a 2 story apartment
            building in
            > > San Jose (Meridian and Minnisota)aka Willow Glen.

          • Markus Duffin
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
              Try the three stores listed on the forum home page under Database > Dealers.

              Also Chris Rempel (Remtronics under Installers) might have a supply.

              Markus

              What store here in the bay area carrys the Winegard 8800?

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Brian Vowell <brian@d...> wrote:
              > According to the rep where we buy our antennas, the Winegard is
              supposed
              > to minimize ghosting and reflections. We've seen pretty even gain
              > across the entire UHF band from ours.
              >

              > --b
              >
              > Michael Larson wrote:
              >
              > > I am near Lincoln and Minnesota in Willow Glen and getting
              everything
              > > fine except FOX. I am using a ChannelMaster 4228. I never tried
              the
              > > Winegard so I do not know if FOX will work better there.
              > >
              > > I am also on a one-story, so your being on a 2-story might help.
              > >
              > > -larson
              > >
              > > On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 01:12 AM, a_friend101
              > > <a_friend101@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Which one would you choose?
              > >
              > > It will be installed on a the roof of a 2 story apartment
              building in
              > > San Jose (Meridian and Minnisota)aka Willow Glen.

            • Chris Rempel

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
                  We keep a supply of one or two around all the time, and would be happy
                  to sell them to anyone interested.

                  --b