Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] getting ch12

  • George Graves
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2001
      on 12/8/01 2:16 PM, Mark Del Secco at mds54@... wrote:

      > At 01:36 PM 12/8/01, George Graves wrote:
      >> There's a big billboard on US 101 just north of Redwood City facing the
      >> south-bound lanes. It says "Get ready for NBC3 on January 1, 2002." What
      >> does that mean?
      >

      > CABLE channel 3.

      Thanks. I don't have cable and wouldn't have known that. OTOH, Does cable
      carry their DIGITAL feed? I damn doubt it, and I'll be willing to guarantee
      that many HDTV owners will have to be content with no longer having NBC HD
      fare as an option-not that this would be any great loss at the moment.

      --
      George Graves

      > -Mark in Morgan Hill

    • Mark Del Secco
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2001
        At 03:58 PM 12/8/01, George Graves wrote:
        >on 12/8/01 2:16 PM, Mark Del Secco at mds54@... wrote:
        > > CABLE channel 3.
        >
        >Thanks. I don't have cable and wouldn't have known that. OTOH, Does cable
        >carry their DIGITAL feed? I damn doubt it, and I'll be willing to guarantee
        >that many HDTV owners will have to be content with no longer having NBC HD
        >fare as an option-not that this would be any great loss at the moment.

        I wouldn't have known that either except that there is a thread on the subject
        on the AVS Forum. At this date, there is no HD cable service in this area.
        I don't want to lose NBC HD as I assume they'll be adding more HD
        programming in the near future, and I don't have a problem with KNTV
        reception since I live close to their transmitter. I don't know yet if KNTV
        will carry the NBC HD Olympics feed. Ya gotta have a lot of patience these
        days in the HDTV world.....

        -Mark in Morgan Hill
      • Joe R.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 10, 2001
          The Olympics will be seen in HD on HDNet also:

          http://hd.net/prarchive/2001-11-29-01.html

          -Joe

          =====

          http://greetings.yahoo.com