Urgent: splitting 3 LNB signal to 2 receivers?

  • jotter20022002 <jotter20022002@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 12:07 PM

      Ok I currently have a satellite guy here upgrading my single LNB
      dish to a 3 LNB version. I want to attach 2 receivers to the dish,
      both in my living room - a samsung T160 for HD etc. and a normal
      receiver to be a tuner for my ReplayTV.

      Is there any way to avoid running a second line from the dish into
      my living room? Can the existing coax signal be split somehow to
      both receivers without causing any wierd problems, or is that going
      to mess around with the multiswitch on the dish?

      Thanks
      Jonathan
    • Don Cone
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 12:29 PM
        on 2/1/03 12:07 PM, jotter20022002 <jotter20022002@...> at
        jotter20022002@... wrote:

        > Is there any way to avoid running a second line from the dish into
        > my living room? Can the existing coax signal be split somehow to
        > both receivers without causing any wierd problems, or is that going
        > to mess around with the multiswitch on the dish?

        The short answer is NO! You will have to connect multiple cables to the
        multi-switch on the dish if you want to feed more than one receiver.

        Don Cone
      • jotter20022002 <jotter20022002@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 1:05 PM
          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Don Cone <vdcone@p...> wrote:
          > on 2/1/03 12:07 PM, jotter20022002 <jotter20022002@y...> at
          > jotter20022002@y... wrote:
          >
          > > Is there any way to avoid running a second line from the dish
          into
          > > my living room? Can the existing coax signal be split somehow to
          > > both receivers without causing any wierd problems, or is that
          going
          > > to mess around with the multiswitch on the dish?
          >
          > The short answer is NO! You will have to connect multiple cables
          to the
          > multi-switch on the dish if you want to feed more than one
          receiver.

          Ahhh. Ok. Thanks - I won't try and confuse him with stupid advice
          then and let him put in the 2 lines!

          Jonathan