Quick question...

  • fungomungo2002 <esat@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
      I am watching KQED and notice every once in awhile in small areas
      the screen gets pixelated. Is this normal or do I need to work with
      my antenna a bit?
    • Chris Rempel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003

        "fungomungo2002  " wrote:

         I am  watching KQED and notice every once in awhile in small areas
        the screen gets pixelated. Is this normal or do I need to work with
        my antenna a bit?

        Check your signal level meter, if its over 60 or 70 its OK.  What you are probably seeing is the fact that KQED are squeezing an HD and an SD signal together and sometimes it just doesn't fit.  9.1 is HD and 9.2 is SD.  Normally you would want to use the entire 6MHz bandwidth for just the HD signal.

      • R8der
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003

          Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 2:55 PM
          Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Quick question...

          I am  watching KQED and notice every once in awhile in small areas
          the screen gets pixelated. Is this normal or do I need to work with
          my antenna a bit?

          ***Unfortunately that pixelization is normal.  KQED is multicasting so they are using part of the HD bandwidth for a SD channel.  This is the primary reason for the pixelization.

          Chris