Off Air Antenna Installer Needed

  • meetthehubers@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      Anyone have any recommendations on an installer in the south bay. I
      have a 20+ year old antenna that needs to be replaced.

      Thanks, Joe
    • Ted Matsumura
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        Joe,
        I asked the same question in several places many months ago, with few
        Andersens take a stab, they sent out two contractors who put up an antenna
        that ended up too small for where I am (Cupt.) with dish 6000 OTA module. I
        was out over $400. You can guess where I'm not buying my next big screen
        set.

        I then went with the one of the largest radio shack units, and used their
        service for installers. They also use contractors, and sent one fellow out,
        this was only about $89 or so. However, this installer didn't use guy
        wires, and did a very basic double chimeny band mount. He stated that this
        was their standard procedure, even though we both acknowleged that seeing
        the ends tip and bow in the wind couldn't be all that great for reception...

        If you find a good local individual installer, please post, I'll do the
        same.

        Ted

        Anyone have any recommendations on an installer in the south bay. I
        have a 20+ year old antenna that needs to be replaced.

        Thanks, Joe

      • Mark Del Secco
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
          At 04:26 PM 9/1/01, meetthehubers@... wrote:
          >Anyone have any recommendations on an installer in the south bay. I
          >have a 20+ year old antenna that needs to be replaced.

          I've had terrific service on the installation of
          my sat dishes and OTA UHF antenna, including rotor,
          pre-amp, and guy wires.

          It's a small, local business called "Acoustechs".
          They're located in downtown Morgan Hill, but I don't
          know what their geographical range of service is.
          Their phone number is: (408) 779-4114.

          Good luck!
          -Mark in Morgan Hill