Re: Antenna TV on KRON 4-3

  • CityCraig
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2013
      Hey, thanks for the heads-up on the new subchannel. I was hoping we'd get Antenna TV here in SF. I have Comcast cable, but not on the small HDTV on my work desk. Something else to flip to when channel surfing! Thanks... Craig

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
        Just caught Antenna TV. Guess it's been on air for a month now?

        Was surprised to see that during prime time (8-9PM) ALL commercials are promos for KRON's main channel. No paid ads whatsoever. So, it's basically operating at a total loss.

        I suppose it's not surprising, considering this is a corporation who bought an NBC SF station, then proudly kicked out NBC and became an independent.

        BD

        On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Radiobern wrote:

        > Just noticed that Antenna TV is now on KRON 4-3.
        >
        > Just out of curiosity, do these sub-channels that air classic shows make decent money? We already have Cozi on 11-2, Me TV on 20-2, Retro TV on 42-4 and Get TV on 66-3.

      • Stephen H. Fischer
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013

          You have the story not quite right.

          ABC, NBC follies
          http://www.avsforum.com/t/381623/the-official-avs-antenna-and-related-hardware-topic/13920#post_20661061

          Also "ThisTV" should be added to the list.

          SHF

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
            I stand corrected.

            However, if you were making a multimillion dollar purchase of a network TV station in SF, wouldn't you wanna check to see all the legal stuff was in place to make a smooth transition, before you fork over the dough?

            I also stand corrected on 4-3.

            Apparently yesterday, the computer / commercial server stuck, and inserted nothing but KRON promos in-between breaks. Today had a host of actual paid commercials, so the problem is fixed. Unless, of course, this was their first day of paid ads.

            BD