Antenna TV on KRON 4-3

  • Radiobern
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
      Just noticed that Antenna TV is now on KRON 4-3.

      Just out of curiosity, do these sub-channels that air classic shows make decent money? We already have Cozi on 11-2, Me TV on 20-2, Retro TV on 42-4 and Get TV on 66-3.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
        My guess is that it doesn't cost alot of money to load a week's worth of programs (that don't cost much) to play from a computer, and then employ one ad executive to go out and get commercials.

        BD

        On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Radiobern wrote:

        > Just noticed that Antenna TV is now on KRON 4-3.
        >
        > Just out of curiosity, do these sub-channels that air classic shows make decent money? We already have Cozi on 11-2, Me TV on 20-2, Retro TV on 42-4 and Get TV on 66-3.

      • CityCraig
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2013
          Hey, thanks for the heads-up on the new subchannel. I was hoping we'd get Antenna TV here in SF. I have Comcast cable, but not on the small HDTV on my work desk. Something else to flip to when channel surfing! Thanks... Craig

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
            Just caught Antenna TV. Guess it's been on air for a month now?

            Was surprised to see that during prime time (8-9PM) ALL commercials are promos for KRON's main channel. No paid ads whatsoever. So, it's basically operating at a total loss.

            I suppose it's not surprising, considering this is a corporation who bought an NBC SF station, then proudly kicked out NBC and became an independent.

            BD

            On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Radiobern wrote:

            > Just noticed that Antenna TV is now on KRON 4-3.
            >
            > Just out of curiosity, do these sub-channels that air classic shows make decent money? We already have Cozi on 11-2, Me TV on 20-2, Retro TV on 42-4 and Get TV on 66-3.

          • Stephen H. Fischer
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013

              You have the story not quite right.

              ABC, NBC follies
              http://www.avsforum.com/t/381623/the-official-avs-antenna-and-related-hardware-topic/13920#post_20661061

              Also "ThisTV" should be added to the list.

              SHF

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
                I stand corrected.

                However, if you were making a multimillion dollar purchase of a network TV station in SF, wouldn't you wanna check to see all the legal stuff was in place to make a smooth transition, before you fork over the dough?

                I also stand corrected on 4-3.

                Apparently yesterday, the computer / commercial server stuck, and inserted nothing but KRON promos in-between breaks. Today had a host of actual paid commercials, so the problem is fixed. Unless, of course, this was their first day of paid ads.

                BD