Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Reponse re KGO-35 translator

  • Don Hackler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
      Disney has the dough.   It just takes jumping through an amazing number of hoops and waiting for approvals to get them to let you spend it.

      On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:41 PM, Larry Kenney <larry@...> wrote:

      I passed on the report "KGO-35 still flaky" from Mike Sabin to KGO engineering.  Here is the response I received from Rich Tom, the KGO-TV/DT Chief Engineer.

      - - -

      Larry,

      Thanks for passing on the notice.  D-35 has been working fairly well but conditions lately have caused us to occasionally lose the OTA signal from KGO-7 at Mt. Allison.  I am still working on getting a direct ASI feed from KGO to Mt. Allison and use the OTA as the backup feed, but I am still waiting for available funding to make that happen.

      In case anyone is wondering why the KGO-35 translator was off the air on May 30th, we took a very nasty power hit at Mt. Allison on May 30th around 1:30 PM and it took out the UPS.  KGO-35 was off-the air for 22 hou rs.  The Newsroom received several phone calls that evening wondering about the problem.

      Enjoy your retirement!
      Regards,
      Rich

    • James
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
        KGO-35 flaking out again for me, and during the Finals no less. I have two antennas (one directly on a TV, one going to powered amp to HD-HomeRun units) and all tuners show channel 35 with 60-80% signal quality, and 100% symbol quality, but there is only intermittent picture. Anyone else?

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Don Hackler <donh@...> wrote:

        > Disney has the dough. It just takes jumping through an amazing number of hoops and waiting for approvals to get them to let you spend it.
        >

        > On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:41 PM, Larry Kenney <larry@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I passed on the report "KGO-35 still flaky" from Mike Sabin to KGO engineering. Here is the response I received from Rich Tom, the KGO-TV/DT Chief Engineer.
        > >
        > > - - -
        > >
        > > Larry,
        > >
        > > Thanks for passing on the notice. D-35 has been working fairly well but conditions lately have caused us to occasionally lose the OTA signal from KGO-7 at Mt. Allison. I am still working on getting a direct ASI feed from KGO to Mt. Allison and use the OTA as the backup feed, but I am still waiting for available funding to make that happen.
        > >
        > > In case anyone is wondering why the KGO-35 translator was off the air on May 30th, we took a very nasty power hit at Mt. Allison on May 30th around 1:30 PM and it took out the UPS. KGO-35 was off-the air for 22 hou rs. The Newsroom received several phone calls that evening wondering about the problem.
        > >
        > > Enjoy your retirement!
        > > Regards,
        > > Rich

      • Mike Sabin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
          Yep, we tried watching the NBA finals tonight and KGO-35 was flaking out.  Gave up and watched something else.