Zzz-Quill

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20 2:41 AM
      OK, here's what I don't understand. They're selling a product designed to make you sleep, right?

      So, upon hearing the audio portion of their current TV commercial, I'm scratching my head.

      It starts out with a xylophone. Now, xylophones are melodic and sorta represent sleep. No complaints there.

      But they represent just the opposite when, whoever mixed the commercial, decided to mix the xylophone at 100% volume, and I can hear the CALM algorithm working extra hard to keep the various TV stations in compliance.

      So now, instead of the commercial representing a sleep product, it's representing The Fast & The Furious?

      Who's the beancounter at the advertising agency who dreamed this up?

      BD
    • Lawrence Rhodes
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20 8:54 AM
        Glockenspiel(maybe celesta) is what you are thinking of. The tuning of
        xylophones are more for energetic music. The commercial I heard on YouTube
        sounded very calm. Lawrence Rhodes

        > OK, here's what I don't understand. They're selling a product designed to make
        >you sleep, right?
        >
        > So, upon hearing the audio portion of their current TV commercial, I'm
        >scratching my head.
        >
        > It starts out with a xylophone. Now, xylophones are melodic and sorta
        >represent sleep. No complaints there.
        >
        > But they represent just the opposite when, whoever mixed the commercial,
        >decided to mix the xylophone at 100% volume, and I can hear the CALM algorithm
        >working extra hard to keep the various TV stations in compliance.
        >

        > So now, instead of the commercial representing a sleep product, it's
        >representing The Fast & The Furious?
        >
        > Who's the beancounter at the advertising agency who dreamed this up?
        >

        > BD

      • Lawrence Rhodes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 21 7:51 AM

          I think the real problem is the station volume. I thought the law changed on this iissue. Lawrence Rhodes

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android