Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Watching SD Programming On An HDTV

  • Herold
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
      Much of Over The Air is broadcast in HD.

      Based on my parents' 46" and then 70" TVs -- they only use an antenna
      -- the picture quality from broadcast should be good. VCR tapes will
      probably be relatively lousy (compared to the HD). The main issue with
      VCR tapes is noise and poor signal quality, not the fact that it's SD. I
      would except DVDs to look OK.

      Finally, would you be interested in a converter box? I don't use mine
      since I got a monitor with a digital tuner built in.