Re: 66.2 - Dropped KDTV rebroadcast - Now showing "Bounce TV"

  • k6dlc
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19 7:04 AM
      I think I had found the answer. It looks like Directv is getting their program info from zap2it.com, which has 66.2 programs in spanish.
      Also I had noticed that OTA channel 1.1 also shows 66.2 programs in spanish.

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > OK, then I will not bother as it will not help.
      >
      > It will best if the Bounce people try and fix this.
      >
      > SHF

    • k6dlc
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19 7:12 PM
        Update. Directv now had bounce TV schedule
        zap2it.com also now has bounce TV schedule on 66.2

        So it does look like Directv is getting their programming info from zap2it.com which is own by Chicago Tribune

        I have not check OTA 1.1 to see if 66.2 has been corrected.

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "k6dlc" <dod1450@...> wrote:

        > I think I had found the answer. It looks like Directv is getting their program info from zap2it.com, which has 66.2 programs in spanish.
        > Also I had noticed that OTA channel 1.1 also shows 66.2 programs in spanish.
        >
        > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > OK, then I will not bother as it will not help.
        > >
        > > It will best if the Bounce people try and fix this.
        > >
        > > SHF

      • Stephen H. Fischer
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20 2:33 PM

          zap2it.com was the original ad free listings service from Tribune Media
          Services. It was created to reduce the listings being "scraped" from their
          web pages. A heavy strain on their servers then and now, but TMS found a way
          to reduce this misuse and terminated the free listings.

          Schedules Direct was created to allow the ad free listings service to
          continue, started at $25/year, went down to $20/year and now is back up to
          $25/year.

          The current zap2it.com web pages of listings with ads was created at some
          point by TMS.

          I have a direct method of telling SD who will tell TMS that there is a
          problem with the listings (which I used for RTV change). The changes will
          appear on zap2it.com at the same time.

          --------------------------------------

          There is no proven link between TMS and Directv or Dish IMHO.

          There are several companies that consolidate the listings from stations and
          networks. TVGuide you all remember I am sure. (Now in Canada)

          SHF

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20 3:52 PM
            On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

            There is no proven link between TMS and Directv or Dish IMHO.

            There are several companies that consolidate the listings from stations and
            networks. TVGuide you all remember I am sure. (Now in Canada)

            SHF

            The Dish Network Program Guide information is supplied by TVGuide.