66.2 - Dropped KDTV rebroadcast - Now showing "Bounce TV"

  • k6dlc
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
      What would it take to have this 66.2 to change the programming guide from Spanish programs to English current showing programs on Directv OTA menu?
    • Stephen H. Fischer
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013

          On Mar 12, 2013, at 8:59 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

          I am unsure if what Larry reported is the same Sat service.

          Dish Network and DirecTV are totally separate.  The schedule for 66-2, Bounce TV, is fine on the Dish Program Schedule.

          Larry

        • Stephen H. Fischer
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2013

            OK, then I will not bother as it will not help.

            It will best if the Bounce people try and fix this.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
              I think I had found the answer. It looks like Directv is getting their program info from zap2it.com, which has 66.2 programs in spanish.
              Also I had noticed that OTA channel 1.1 also shows 66.2 programs in spanish.

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > OK, then I will not bother as it will not help.
              >
              > It will best if the Bounce people try and fix this.
              >
              > SHF

            • k6dlc
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
                Update. Directv now had bounce TV schedule
                zap2it.com also now has bounce TV schedule on 66.2

                So it does look like Directv is getting their programming info from zap2it.com which is own by Chicago Tribune

                I have not check OTA 1.1 to see if 66.2 has been corrected.

                --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "k6dlc" <dod1450@...> wrote:

                > I think I had found the answer. It looks like Directv is getting their program info from zap2it.com, which has 66.2 programs in spanish.
                > Also I had noticed that OTA channel 1.1 also shows 66.2 programs in spanish.
                >
                > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > OK, then I will not bother as it will not help.
                > >
                > > It will best if the Bounce people try and fix this.
                > >
                > > SHF

              • Stephen H. Fischer
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013

                  zap2it.com was the original ad free listings service from Tribune Media
                  Services. It was created to reduce the listings being "scraped" from their
                  web pages. A heavy strain on their servers then and now, but TMS found a way
                  to reduce this misuse and terminated the free listings.

                  Schedules Direct was created to allow the ad free listings service to
                  continue, started at $25/year, went down to $20/year and now is back up to
                  $25/year.

                  The current zap2it.com web pages of listings with ads was created at some
                  point by TMS.

                  I have a direct method of telling SD who will tell TMS that there is a
                  problem with the listings (which I used for RTV change). The changes will
                  appear on zap2it.com at the same time.

                  --------------------------------------

                  There is no proven link between TMS and Directv or Dish IMHO.

                  There are several companies that consolidate the listings from stations and
                  networks. TVGuide you all remember I am sure. (Now in Canada)

                  SHF

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
                    On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

                    There is no proven link between TMS and Directv or Dish IMHO.

                    There are several companies that consolidate the listings from stations and
                    networks. TVGuide you all remember I am sure. (Now in Canada)

                    SHF

                    The Dish Network Program Guide information is supplied by TVGuide.