Re: American Idol Audio

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      I'm hearing the same thing on my Hopper Larry. It sounds like a second audio that has some reverb in it. I have noticed that while I have it during the program itself, I don't have it during the commercials. Then I get a splash of pixelation and it goes away. I saw this same thing on Bones a while back, also a Fox program, but just one show. Because you and I are seeing this I doubt it is the DVR, but a glitch in the signal from either Dish or Fox.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        Thanks for the information, Bobby.  I'm going to have to listen to the OTA feed tonight to see if the audio problem is there or just on the Dish signal.  For a show where the audio is the main source of entertainment, I'm surprised that they, whoever they are, haven't fixed it.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
          Seems to me I remember this happening last year, intermittently as I monitored from comcast. I don't really watch the show, but it has a tendency to run overtime, and I remember weird audio sometimes happening at the end.

          All in all though, as far as complying with CALM audio levels, Fox is doing a great job. Even last night, in watching KTVU news, I noticed that they put a muffler on their stupid Storm Watch intro. It used to put my tweeter into overdrive. Now it's exactly the same level.

          And I can't say anything good for audio levels on KGO or the ABC network.

          BD

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2013
            Thanks Larry, please report your findings... It will be interesting.

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the information, Bobby. I'm going to have to listen to the OTA feed tonight to see if the audio problem is there or just on the Dish signal. For a show where the audio is the main source of entertainment, I'm surprised that they, whoever they are, haven't fixed it.
            >
            > Larry
            >
            > - - -
            >
            > On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:56 AM, bobby6048 wrote:
            >
            > > I'm hearing the same thing on my Hopper Larry. It sounds like a second audio that has some reverb in it. I have noticed that while I have it during the program itself, I don't have it during the commercials. Then I get a splash of pixelation and it goes away. I saw this same thing on Bones a while back, also a Fox program, but just one show. Because you and I are seeing this I doubt it is the DVR, but a glitch in the signal from either Dish or Fox.
            > >
            > > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney wrote:
            > > >
            > > > For the past three or four weeks I've been getting intermittent "gurgling" of the audio while watching American Idol on KTVU. I only hear it on this one show. I was wondering if it was being aired that way or am I having a problem with my DVR?
            > > >
            > > > If anyone here has been watching the show, have any of you noticed this problem?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Larry
            > > > SF

          • Larry
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2013
              I didn't hear any of the "gurgling" audio last night, except for a brief period near the very end of the show, so I didn't get a chance to check the OTA feed.  We'll have to wait for another time.

              Larry