Audio on channel 32

  • ed olsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
      channel 32.1 on KMTP when watching DW-TV is OK, but when
      station switches over to ARTS_TV, audio is barely can be heard.
      But, if I swtich over to 32.4 and watch ART-TV, it is OK.
      Sometimes ARTS-TV is on both 32.1 and 32.4. This has been like
      this for the last week or so. I have to raise the volumne from
      about 20 to 100 to heard it.

      Also, if the same program is on many sub channels, does not
      it hurt the S/N ratio?

      And is there not a standard so, when switching channel or
      sub-channels, that the audio is at the same level
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013
        TV stations are supposed to keep the audio levels at a standard level, but it appears that the staff at KMTP aren't paying attention to what they're transmitting.   They often don't seem to care about picture quality either.