RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Cozi TV 3:3

  • Steve Ipson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
      Took a look at Cozi on 004-02 KNBC in LA off of an antenna. It was an episode of Lassie this morning. It came in 4:3 with sidebars, no problem. Commercials were in 16:9, no problem.

      To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      From: dukenrat@...
      Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 03:09:12 -0800
      Subject: Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Cozi TV 3:3

      UPDATE:

      Postage stamp size picture has been replaced with a letterbox-sized picture on commercials and programs.

      Since the actual program isn't letterbox-sized, everybody now looks short & fat.

      But hey, progress!

      BD

      On Dec 28, 2012, at 2:53 AM, Ron Economos wrote:

      Cozi works fine here on Comcast in Silicon Valley (channel 186).
      I captured some bitstream, and it is 704x480 but flagged 16:9.
      On 4:3 material, the black sidebars are part of the encoded image.

      Ron

      On 12/27/2012 11:59 PM, Larry Kenney wrote:

      We're all seeing the skinny picture about 3:3 instead of 4:3 on Cozi TV.  I've been asked is it the fault of KNTV or the folks at Cozi.  I don't know, but you'd think that the engineering staff somewhere along the line would do something to fix it... wherever the skinninest is originating.  Maybe some email complaints to both KNTV and Cozi would bring the point home.

      On Dec 27, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Daniel Curry wrote:

      I am getting it OTA and I see 3:3 format on my 16:9 screen.
      --
      Daniel Curry
      PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

      IPv6 Sage Certified

      San Francisco/Silicon Valley AmprNet Co-coordinator [44.4.0.0/16]