KNTV

    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 14, 2012
      OK kiddies, the CALM law is in effect, and I'm reporting on the new game show "Take It All" which aired on KNTV tonite, and monitored from my local Comcast connection.

      Happy to say that KNTV apparently removed their overactive audio limiter (finally!) Unfortunately, they didn't put anything in it's place. So, the audio feed was ... interesting.

      The game show was one level. The promos and lead-in's for the show was another level. Some commercials were louder than the show, others were so silent that I couldn't hear them well enough to make out what the hell they were promoting.

      Which then leads me to an important question: Under the CALM act, can we turn in TV stations to the FCC for having the commercial audio too low?  Oh, please! Can I daddy?!!

      LOL

      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 4, 2016
        I haven't watched KNTV at all tonight, but after seeing the posts about the break up happening again I turned on "Saturday Night Live". After a minute with no problems the picture started breaking up really bad and then the audio got so bad it disappeared a few times.

        I called the number that Mark on the AVS Forum gave us.  "Everyone please call KNTV 408-432-6221 and press
        option 4 to report this signal problem. Multiple calls might get their attention." I left a voice message saying that "reception during the Olympics was bad, but now I'm watching Saturday Night Life and it's worse. When are you going to fix your problem? You're a major station in a major market and your signal sucks."

        I hope they get so many calls their heads will spin.  Everyone reading this should call that number and complain if they’ve seen video break ups and/or heard audio break ups on KNTV 11.

        On Sep 4, 2016, at 12:06 AM, 'Stephen H. Fischer' SFischer1@... [HDTV-in-SFbay] <HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Stephen H. Fischer included below]

        I watched KNTV News at 2300 with my new 2016 Sony "Smart TV" and saw a correlation with the sequence errors on screen.

        There were no major breakups and audio sounded, well OK as I am not accustomed to the weatherman’s voice.

        Older HDTV sets may not be as forgiving. YMMV

        SHF