KGO-35 still flaky

  • Mike Sabin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
      I had a panic attack today when I tuned in to watch the Florida - Florida State game Saturday on KGO-35 at 12:30PM. The picture was breaking up and unwatchable. Signal was strong and steady -- problem was once again the apparent bad feed between SF and Mount Allison. I cannot overstate the seriousness of the situation -- where I come from, this game is a matter of life and death, and I had company at my house to watch. Luckily, the problem cleared up about 12:45PM and the picture was perfect thereafter. But geez, I was sweating.

      Does anybody know what the status is with this problem on KGO-35? The KGO engineer has kindly reported here about their efforts to fix the problem, but it has been going on now for at least 7 months. Does the FCC have regulations that govern the reliability of a broadcast station?