Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KVIE on 53

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2012
      Damn! And here I was ready to order Federal Jack-Booted Thugs to bust a pirate.

      BD

      On Nov 17, 2012, at 6:30 PM, Bookcollector wrote:

      > I found the problem, an anomaly with a Dish Network converter that I hadn't used in over a year. It still showed what had been scanned in when last used even though I had rescanned and was stepping through the channels. It showed the frequency of channel 53 but the video was from channel 9. Go figure.

    • Mike Sabin
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
        I had a panic attack today when I tuned in to watch the Florida - Florida State game Saturday on KGO-35 at 12:30PM. The picture was breaking up and unwatchable. Signal was strong and steady -- problem was once again the apparent bad feed between SF and Mount Allison. I cannot overstate the seriousness of the situation -- where I come from, this game is a matter of life and death, and I had company at my house to watch. Luckily, the problem cleared up about 12:45PM and the picture was perfect thereafter. But geez, I was sweating.

        Does anybody know what the status is with this problem on KGO-35? The KGO engineer has kindly reported here about their efforts to fix the problem, but it has been going on now for at least 7 months. Does the FCC have regulations that govern the reliability of a broadcast station?