Re: Acquiring San Francisco Channels

  • Susan Woodrum
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2012
      We are in Sausalito at the north end of town, lots of hills between us and the various antennas in the San Francisco Bay Area.  With our present 30 year old antenna (a Mini-State 5MS-750), we could pull in some stations sometimes and other stations sometimes, but never all the network stations we wanted at the same time.  Did I mention we live on our boat?

      So based on this conversation in this group, I went to Radio Shack yesterday and purchased the Antennacraft HDX1000 ($92 out the door).  It comes in a large box, was not on display, and the clerk didn't even know they carried it.  It was raining when I got home, so we just plugged it in to the back of our TV and set the round dish antenna in the window, did a scan on the TV, and it reported back 62 channels!  Everything we wanted and then some, except it did not get channel 11 NBC.  I bet when the rain stops this weekend and we get it properly mounted outside and up higher we'll get ch. 11 and probably some others.

      Thank you.
      Susie