Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] AT&T: Fined For Pirating!

  • Don Hackler
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
      Here's a somewhat less "colorful" version of the story…

      http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0086/fcc-fines-att--for-errant-broadband-transmitter/215724

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
        But Don ... a little spice and color in your life is just what's needed!

        BD

        On Oct 3, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Don Hackler wrote:

        > Here's a somewhat less "colorful" version of the story…
        >
        > http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0086/fcc-fines-att--for-errant-broadband-transmitter/215724
        >

        > On Oct 3, 2012, at 1:06 AM, Duke And Rat <dukenrat@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Congratulations: AT&T! Fined a whopping $25,000 by the FCC for operating an unlicensed, unauthorized transmitter that was interfering with equipment at a local airport. The FCC used direction finding gear to locate AT&T's pirate radio station antenna, which was on the roof of the prestigious Miramar Plaza Condos in Santurce, Puerto Rico.
        >>
        >> Operating at an unauthorized frequency of 5,605-mhz, it was interfering directly with the FAA's Terminal Doppler Weather Radar Station at San Juan International Airport, located over a mile away.
        >>
        >> So the FCC took their jack-booted officers armed with automatic weapons and confiscated the illegal transmitter.
        >>

        >> And hopefully they arrested AT&T bigwigs!!!!
        >>

        >> BD

      • Don Hackler
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
          On 10/3/2012 3:23 PM, Duke And Rat wrote:
          > But Don ... a little spice and color in your life is just what's needed!

          I'm on 24x7x365 call for 3 TV stations, 2 radio stations, along with a pile of internet servers and phone systems... I've got plenty of spice and color in my life.