Re: KGO Translator Channel 35

  • r.mikey
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 30, 2012
      This was the exact same problem with Viacom cable in Marin and their headend on Mt. Tam. The ducting would basically introduce tons of multipath and the calls would start coming in (I worked the Service desk at the time). I'll spare you all the indignation I suffered :) For some reason, it was only KRON. Were they (more/different) directional at the time?

      The same resolution came to be also, which was a microwave link between Sutro and Tam. That got rid of the multipath, but when the duct was at it's worst, the microwave would fade. That failure mode was video fade and audio distortion (and resulting calls). Eventually, a humongous dish was installed, and the fade was barely perceptible during the worst duct.