Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KGO loss

  • Stephen H. Fischer
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 4, 2012

      The HDHomeRun is a great addition, I have two with four tuners in all.

      Look at Cliff Watson EPG add-on for MyHD, FusionHDTV, and HD Homerun - AVS Forum

      http://www.avsforum.com/forum/newestpost/659993/cliff-watson-epg-add-on-for-myhd-fusionhdtv-and-hd-homerun/60

      That program is my main one on my HTPC, it downloads listings once a day ($25/Year) and schedules all the programs I told it to watch and have not seen before.

      I have seven tuners for it to schedule. The HTPC turns on and off when it needs to do a capture. I watch the captures with VLC, Fusion and MyHD. WMC can be made to play .tp files.

      I have a wireless router so I can watch DTV anywhere on my laptops using my great antenna system.

      The problem with KGO is that both RF 7 and RF 35 say that they both are 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.

      Sometimes that is a serious problem for a tuner. It has been discussed a lot on San Francisco, CA - OTA - AVS Forum

      http://www.avsforum.com/forum/newestpost/369015/san-francisco-ca-ota/60

      SHF

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012
        If you have lost KGO and/or KTVU on Windows Media Center due to PSIP issues with the channels being broadcast on multiple frequencies, I was able to resolve the issue as follows.

        1) From the Media Center Menus, select Tasks -> Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Edit Channels

        2) To fix the problem with KGO 7.1, scroll down the list of channel descriptions and select "KGODT (KGO-DT)-ABC Affiliate)

        3) on the "SETTINGS FOR 7.1 KGO" screen, choose the "Edit Sources" option

        4) when the screen refreshes, you should see at least 2 entries (two entries per tuner) for KGODT. One set is for KGO on 7.1' The second set is for KGO on 35.1. If your antenna picks up the SF transmitter best, uncheck the boxes for Channel number 35.1 and leave checked the boxes for Channel number 7.1

        5) Select save, and save again on the next screen. (Repeat for 7.2 and 7.3 as well)

        I was also having problems with KTVU 2.1, and was able to resolve the problem using the same process. Media Center had picked up that KTVU is broadcasting on both 44.1 and 48.1. I deselected 48.1 and everything is ok now.

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Hong" <hongcho@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the info. Guide Tool seems to be a bit more detailed, but Windows 7 Media Center does have a menu to add a channel, and it doesn't seem to be that different.
        >
        > So, I just went out and bought an HDHomerume to try it. And what do you know, KGO 7 comes through it fine. So, it seems to be something with the AVerTVHD Duet I had that doesn't work with KGO 7. I wonder what's in the KGO 7 symbols that make it incompatible...
        >
        > Hong.

      • Hong
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 17, 2012
          Thanks for the suggestion.

          I did something similar, once I got the HDHomerun (to only allow KGO on it, and not on AVerTVHD Duet). This is how I am keeping KGO reliably tuned.

          Hong.