Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] KTVU fill in transmittor up on RF 48

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012
      Ahh! The KTVU translator is on the air! Thanks for the info. It's not strong enough to produce a picture here in San Francisco, but I see the signal below the cliff edge.

      There are more translators to come... for KBCW on 31 and KPIX on 42 from Mt. Vaca, plus on channel translators for KPIX and KGO from Mt. San Bruno on 29 and 7.

      On Jun 5, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I just spotted KTVU on both RF 44 and RF 48, both with PSIP 2.
      >
      > So good news for some, bad news for others if their TV scan finds both and
      > uses the weaker one.
      >
      > (Same problem as KGO on RF 7 and RF 35.)
      >
      > SHF

    • Stephen H. Fischer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012

        HI,

        I just checked again and the transmitter is on the air (RF 48), but it still has NO PSIP.

        Just before noon when I first saw it I switched between RF 44 and RF 48 to check if it was the same programming, it was.

        Then at noon the PSIP was gone and still is.

        I was going to watch both with PIP.

        -------------------

        Any clue as to KMTP?

        SHF

        Ahh! The KTVU translator is on the air! Thanks for the info. It's not strong enough to produce a picture here in San Francisco, but I see the signal below the cliff edge.

        There are more translators to come... for KBCW on 31 and KPIX on 42 from Mt. Vaca, plus on channel translators for KPIX and KGO from Mt. San Bruno on 29 and 7.

        On Jun 5, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I just spotted KTVU on both RF 44 and RF 48, both with PSIP 2.
        >
        > So good news for some, bad news for others if their TV scan finds both and
        > uses the weaker one.
        >
        > (Same problem as KGO on RF 7 and RF 35.)
        >
        > SHF

      • Stephen H. Fischer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012

          KTVU RF 48 now has PSIP and I get a great HD picture.

          So try it again.

          ---------------------

          KMTP is back, well more of the time.

          I am starting to see KEMO, but no lock yet.

          Unless we get a good report that KMTP has problems at the transmitter, I am declaring that my reception problems are due to the weather or wet leaves. (See AVS posts when it comes back, I really miss AVS!)

          KMTP RF 33 and KEMO RF 32 having problems at the same time for me says it is my problem. (And others near me with the same path to Sutro.)

          SHF

          Ahh! The KTVU translator is on the air! Thanks for the info. It's not strong enough to produce a picture here in San Francisco, but I see the signal below the cliff edge.

          There are more translators to come... for KBCW on 31 and KPIX on 42 from Mt. Vaca, plus on channel translators for KPIX and KGO from Mt. San Bruno on 29 and 7.

          On Jun 5, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I just spotted KTVU on both RF 44 and RF 48, both with PSIP 2.
          >
          > So good news for some, bad news for others if their TV scan finds both and
          > uses the weaker one.
          >
          > (Same problem as KGO on RF 7 and RF 35.)
          >
          > SHF

        • Don Hackler

            Ahh! The KTVU translator is on the air! Thanks for the info. It's not strong enough to produce a picture here in San Francisco, but I see the signal below the cliff edge.

            There are more translators to come... for KBCW on 31 and KPIX on 42 from Mt. Vaca, plus on channel translators for KPIX and KGO from Mt. San Bruno on 29 and 7.

            On Jun 5, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I just spotted KTVU on both RF 44 and RF 48, both with PSIP 2.
            >
            > So good news for some, bad news for others if their TV scan finds both and
            > uses the weaker one.
            >
            > (Same problem as KGO on RF 7 and RF 35.)
            >
            > SHF

          • Stephen H. Fischer
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012

              Thanks again for an important report.

              Shucks, with KEMO now producing a lock some of the time and KMTP getting stronger, I really was convinced.

              It goes to show that the real experts are the ones at the other end of the transmitted signal from me.

              I need to get back to the fun mode of "KMTP Bashing", they deserve it oh so much.

              SHF