KCSM PSID 60 DTV Off the air Tuesday PM

  • Stephen H. Fischer
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2012

      KCSM DTV is off the air prior to 8 PM 5/15/2012.

      Nothing yet on"KCSM Engineering (KCSMTechIssues) on Twitter"

      http://twitter.com/KCSMTechIssues

      Or: http://sutrotower.com/

      SHF
    • Stephen H. Fischer
      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2012

        KCSM DTV is now back up ~ 8:15 PM

        SHF

        Message 3 of 13 , May 15, 2012
          We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
          transmitter site to point it in the right direction.

          On 5/15/2012 8:20 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > KCSM DTV is now back up ~ 8:15 PM
          >
          > SHF

        • Stephen H. Fischer
          Message 4 of 13 , May 15, 2012

            Thank you very much!!!

            Now I will get a good capture of "Maigret's Mistake" starting at 21:00 on
            KCSM-MHz. The best one of the "International Mystery series.

            As soon as I see a HDHomeRun LED flashing I start looking for the reason.

            Thanks again.

            AVS Post updated with your comments.

            SHF

            Message 5 of 13 , May 15, 2012
              Just change the 12AX7, and everything will be fine.

              BD

              On May 15, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

              > We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
              > transmitter site to point it in the right direction.
              >

              > On 5/15/2012 8:20 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> KCSM DTV is now back up ~ 8:15 PM
              >>
              >> SHF

            • Don Hackler
              Message 6 of 13 , May 15, 2012
                I had to empty the grid leak drip pan and lube the flux capacitors.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 16, 2012
                  Precisely!

                  And don't forget to make sure the grid cap sockets are tight.

                  BD

                  On May 15, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

                  > I had to empty the grid leak drip pan and lube the flux capacitors.
                  >
                  > On May 15, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Duke And Rat <dukenrat@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Just change the 12AX7, and everything will be fine.
                  >>

                  >> BD
                  >>

                  >> On May 15, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Don Hackler wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
                  >>> transmitter site to point it in the right direction.

                • Harry Birmingham
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 16, 2012
                    Hope you didn't forget to apply grease to the heatsink. Don't want to let the junction get too hot!

                    And don't forget to make sure the grid cap sockets are tight.

                    BD

                    On May 15, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

                    > I had to empty the grid leak drip pan and lube the flux capacitors.
                    >
                    > On May 15, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Duke And Rat <dukenrat@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Just change the 12AX7, and everything will be fine.
                    >>

                    >> BD
                    >>

                    >> On May 15, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Don Hackler wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
                    >>> transmitter site to point it in the right direction.

                  • Don Hackler
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 16, 2012
                      For the geeks...

                      The KCSM exciter output is around 100 milliwatts, and a driver amp bumps that up to about 3 watts.
                      That 3 watts is spilt 48 ways, feeding 192 Motorola LDMOS FETs.  Those drivers feed 1,152 LDMOS output transistors.

                      The transmitter operates at at about 19 kilowatts power output, and the antenna gain bumps that up to about 500 kW ERP.
                      (Effective Radiated Power)

                      The transmitter is capable of about 25 kW running full tilt…

                      On May 16, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Harry Birmingham wrote:

                      Hope you didn't forget to apply grease to the heatsink. Don't want to let the junction get too hot!

                      And don't forget to make sure the grid cap sockets are tight.

                      BD

                      On May 15, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

                      > I had to empty the grid leak drip pan and lube the flux capacitors.
                      >
                      > On May 15, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Duke And Rat <dukenrat@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Just change the 12AX7, and everything will be fine.
                      >>

                      >> BD
                      >>

                      >> On May 15, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Don Hackler wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
                      >>> transmitter site to point it in the right direction.

                      • Mike Sabin

                          And don't forget to make sure the grid cap sockets are tight.
                          BD
                          On May 15, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

                          > I had to empty the grid leak drip pan and lube the flux capacitors.
                          >
                          > On May 15, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Duke And Rat <dukenrat@... > wrote:
                          >
                          >> Just change the 12AX7, and everything will be fine.
                          >>

                          >> BD
                          >>

                          >> On May 15, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Don Hackler wrote:
                          >>
                          >>> We had an exciter get very confused. Fortunately, I was here at the
                          >>> transmitter site to point it in the right direction.

                        • Don Hackler