Re: KCSM TV sale

  • sfischer194087
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 25, 2012

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Don Hackler <donh@...> wrote:

      > On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:48 PM, Stephen H. Fischer hijacked a thread to ask:
      >
      > > When will we get the news about KCSM. Valentines day has come and gone.
      > >
      > > SHF
      > >

      > Here's all that has been published about the KCSM sale on the SMCCD.EDU web site:

      > RFP #86635
      > Sale of KCSM-TV
      > February 14, 2012
      >
      > 1. Community Educators Television of Orange County, Inc.
      > 2. FM Media
      > 3. KAXT LLC
      > 4. KMTPTV
      > 5. Locus Point Networks
      > 6. San Mateo Community Television Corp.

      > My remarks:
      > This is just a list of the bid packages received by the district office.
      > There is no indication that any of the bids are complete, qualified, or acceptable.

      Hi,

      I found some more information about the KCSM sale.

      It is old news but the website is mainly locked for me!

      http://www.smdailyjournal.com/articl....php?id=224189

      Quote:
      According to the request for proposals, the bidder would gain access to the assets of KCSM-TV including a full power non-commercial transmission facility licensed by the Federal Communications Commission and take assignment of the station licenses. The purchase would include most of the equipment, which the buyer would be responsible for uninstalling, transporting and reinstalling. The bidder must be either a nonprofit corporation or another type of eligible entity permitted to operate a noncommercial television station.

      A pre-bid meeting will be held at KCSM Jan. 10, prior to the Feb. 14 submission deadline. On March 15, district staff will meet with finalists. The board is expected to approve the sale April 25.