Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] KCSM TV sale

    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 21, 2012
      KCSM-TV drains $1.1 million a year away from classrooms....

      Yes, but so do the Regents. While the TV station provides an important voice to millions in the community, the Regents do nothing except draw a high salary ... and a high pension when they quit. Regents do not educate the kids one bit. They don't help the community. They do have extended cocktail hours at expensive restaurants, while they look at finances and decide where to cut corners, though.

      Wanna save big bucks? Get rid of the Regents.

      (thread hijacked by bro duke)

      BD

      On Feb 21, 2012, at 11:10 PM, Don Hackler wrote:

      On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:48 PM, Stephen H. Fischer hijacked a thread to ask:

      When will we get the news about KCSM. Valentines day has come and gone.

      SHF

      Here's all that has been published about the KCSM sale on the SMCCD.EDU web site:

      RFP #86635
      Sale of KCSM-TV
      February 14, 2012

      1. Community Educators Television of Orange County, Inc.
      2. FM Media
      3. KAXT LLC
      4. KMTPTV
      5. Locus Point Networks
      6. San Mateo Community Television Corp.

      My remarks:
      This is just a list of the bid packages received by the district office.
      There is no indication that any of the bids are complete, qualified, or acceptable.

    • Don Hackler
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 22, 2012
        The San Mateo Community College District doesn't have any regents.
        It has a publicly elected Board of Trustees.

[...]

      • Stephen H. Fischer
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 22, 2012

          Interesting!

          3. Good move for KAXT, more power and better transmitter location.

          4. HUH!!!! They cannot operate the station they have already.

          1, 6. If KCSM cannot make it by begging, can someone else? Please tell me it is possible.

          2,5. See 1,6.

          Big question. As KCSM has an educational license, can this be converted to a commercial one?

          If it cannot then all plans will fail because of the huge money sucking KQED that gets all the begging money available wherever their signal is heard.

          Duped to AVS

          .

          http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=21684388&postcount=8353

          SHF

          • richtidd1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 23, 2012
              And they do get a salary.

              ------------------------
              Thank You from
              Richard Tidd
              KE6HNY
              "Working Smarter, Not Harder"
              Sent from my Verizon iPad 2

              =
            • richtidd1@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 23, 2012
                Correction.

                They DO NOT get a salary.

                ------------------------
                Thank You from
                Richard Tidd
                KE6HNY
                "Working Smarter, Not Harder"
                Sent from my Verizon iPad 2

                On Feb 23, 2012, at 12:31 PM, "richtidd1@..." <richtidd1@...> wrote:

                And they do get a salary.

                ------------------------
[...]

              • sfischer194087
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 25, 2012

                  --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Don Hackler <donh@...> wrote:

                  > On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:48 PM, Stephen H. Fischer hijacked a thread to ask:
                  >
                  > > When will we get the news about KCSM. Valentines day has come and gone.
                  > >
                  > > SHF
                  > >

                  > Here's all that has been published about the KCSM sale on the SMCCD.EDU web site:

                  > RFP #86635
                  > Sale of KCSM-TV
                  > February 14, 2012
                  >
                  > 1. Community Educators Television of Orange County, Inc.
                  > 2. FM Media
                  > 3. KAXT LLC
                  > 4. KMTPTV
                  > 5. Locus Point Networks
                  > 6. San Mateo Community Television Corp.

                  > My remarks:
                  > This is just a list of the bid packages received by the district office.
                  > There is no indication that any of the bids are complete, qualified, or acceptable.

                  Hi,

                  I found some more information about the KCSM sale.

                  It is old news but the website is mainly locked for me!

                  http://www.smdailyjournal.com/articl....php?id=224189

                  Quote:
                  According to the request for proposals, the bidder would gain access to the assets of KCSM-TV including a full power non-commercial transmission facility licensed by the Federal Communications Commission and take assignment of the station licenses. The purchase would include most of the equipment, which the buyer would be responsible for uninstalling, transporting and reinstalling. The bidder must be either a nonprofit corporation or another type of eligible entity permitted to operate a noncommercial television station.

                  A pre-bid meeting will be held at KCSM Jan. 10, prior to the Feb. 14 submission deadline. On March 15, district staff will meet with finalists. The board is expected to approve the sale April 25.