Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] KRCB 22 HD on Dish Network

  • clay
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2011
      Now Larry, when do you think we will get KQED HD on Dish?  Is it politics or money or both?

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2011
        I have no idea what's holding up getting KQED HD on Dish.  KVIE in Sacramento has been on the system up there for at least a year.

        I think the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose market has one of the higher number of HD locals in the country now.

        On Nov 18, 2011, at 6:01 PM, clay wrote:

        Now Larry, when do you think we will get KQED HD on Dish?  Is it politics or money or both?

        Dish Network has added KRCB HD, channel 22, to the list of local stations available from the satellite.

      • Barenjager

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 19, 2011
              Umm, Santa Rosa is in the same DMA as San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose. It is about the same distance north of San Francisco as San Jose is south. In between is Marin County that receives KRCB, OTA, very well, just as many in the San Francisco and Peninsula area do. Most, and I mean most of KQED's programming also originates from somewhere else, although they do have some of their own productions. KRCB has also produced a thing or two as well. They, and we in the North Bay, are just as local as you are.....