Re: High Definition digital over the air TV reception in Walnut Creek-Alamo?

  • Otto
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2011
      Hi Jeff,

      I would definitely recommend the use of guy wires. I have a 15' antenna at the apex of my single story with two sets of 3-guy wires each. One half way up and the other at the top of the main pole before the rotor extension. I had my antenna reinstalled when we had our roof re-done(metal roof)by the Antenna Doctor shortly before he passed away, and that was his recommendation. When the wind rips thru the Santa Clara Valley my antenna barely moves.

      For grounding, I just connected the coax cable where it comes into the garage before being split to the house to the existing CATV ground wire that was installed when the house was built. Haven't had any issues in 26 years but I would imagine that if the antenna is ever hit, we'll be ok but the neighbors cable tv will go ;-)