KTEH is a goner

  • Stephen H. Fischer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 7:24 PM
      Hi,

      I spotted the Bug on a British program on KTEH said "KQED +' and the PBS
      Logo.

      Going to KTEH's TV page I found the following:

      "KQED Plus (formerly KTEH) Television Schedule"

      http://www.kteh.org/tv/

      May KTEH RIP.

      The transmitter call sign will be changed to "KQEH".

      SHF
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6 7:40 PM
        PBS TV stations are dropping like flies, thanks to congress and other reasons.

        So it's either consolidate or go bankrupt.

        BD

        On Jul 6, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I spotted the Bug on a British program on KTEH said "KQED +' and the PBS
        > Logo.
        >
        > Going to KTEH's TV page I found the following:
        >
        > "KQED Plus (formerly KTEH) Television Schedule"
        >
        > http://www.kteh.org/tv/
        >
        > May KTEH RIP.
        >
        > The transmitter call sign will be changed to "KQEH".
        >
        > SHF

      • Herold
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7 12:43 AM
          KQED bought out KTEH some number of years ago (yes, I know it's weird
          one non-profit buying out another, but effectively, that's what
          happened). The move to rename KTEH to KQED Plus is mostly a name-only
          change; they've been a single entity for some time. According to the
          website
          http://www.kqed.org/tv/help/kqedplus.jsp
          they decided to rename KTEH as a sub-brand of KQED because people still
          thought they were independent entities.

          It was in 2006 when KTEH became a subsidiary of KQED.

          On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:24:29 -0700
          "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I spotted the Bug on a British program on KTEH said "KQED +' and the
          > PBS Logo.
          >
          > Going to KTEH's TV page I found the following:
          >
          > "KQED Plus (formerly KTEH) Television Schedule"
          >
          > http://www.kteh.org/tv/
          >
          > May KTEH RIP.
          >
          > The transmitter call sign will be changed to "KQEH".
          >
          > SHF

        • Stephen H. Fischer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7 7:30 AM

            Hi,

            > buying out another

            ???????

            The boards of directors agreed to merge.

            > The move to rename KTEH to KQED Plus is mostly a name-only

            > change; they've been a single entity for some time.

            They became a single entity at the time the organizations merged.

            The name change delay was to lesson the impression that the 900 # gorilla took over the timid mouse.

            > they decided to rename KTEH as a sub-brand of KQED because people

            still

            > thought they were independent entities.

            In the beginning they got more pledges because they appeared to be separate entities.

            It's all about getting the most pledges, the timing was to maximize those, the name change done when the power of the KQED name meant more pledges.

            The takeover of KRCB, should that PBS station fail as many are currently, would be funded out of KQED's petty cash, but would cost dearly in pledges due to the impression of the 900 # gorilla having it's way.

            Did you even read my post of just a few weeks ago?

            SHF

            KQED bought out KTEH some number of years ago (yes, I know it's weird
            one non-profit buying out another, but effectively, that's what
            happened). The move to rename KTEH to KQED Plus is mostly a name-only
            change; they've been a single entity for some time. According to the
            website
            http://www.kqed.org/tv/help/kqedplus.jsp
            they decided to rename KTEH as a sub-brand of KQED because people still
            thought they were independent entities.

            It was in 2006 when KTEH became a subsidiary of KQED.

            On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:24:29 -0700
            "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I spotted the Bug on a British program on KTEH said "KQED +' and the
            > PBS Logo.
            >
            > Going to KTEH's TV page I found the following:
            >
            > "KQED Plus (formerly KTEH) Television Schedule"
            >
            > http://www.kteh.org/tv/
            >
            > May KTEH RIP.
            >
            > The transmitter call sign will be changed to "KQEH".
            >
            > SHF

          • Otto
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7 10:21 AM
              As subscribers (contributors) to KQED, we receive a monthly "tv guide" a couple of weeks before the upcoming month. There was an article in there explaining the new designation and KQED+ is now listed where KTEH used to be.

              --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I spotted the Bug on a British program on KTEH said "KQED +' and the PBS
              > Logo.
              >
              > Going to KTEH's TV page I found the following:
              >
              > "KQED Plus (formerly KTEH) Television Schedule"
              >
              > http://www.kteh.org/tv/
              >
              > May KTEH RIP.
              >
              > The transmitter call sign will be changed to "KQEH".
              >
              > SHF

            • Stephen H. Fischer
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7 1:34 PM
                Hi,

                After reading follow up messages on AVS I went into the FCC documents:

                > Quote:
                > Originally Posted by Trip in VA
                > KQEH.
                >
                > - Trip

                Hi,

                Did I find the correct document, the one that says:

                Granted March 28, 2005
                For the new name "KQEH"?

                If so, then "KTEH"'s demise was planned from the very start of NCPB.

                Begin Date KQEH 07/01/2011 (Call Sign Changes)

                SHF

                http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=KTEH