Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] KGO reception in Cupertino

  • Don Hackler
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 31, 2010
      If you can pick up the other Sutro stations now, you will likely have no trouble picking up KGO with an outdoor antenna.
      I couldn't find any real specs on the RCA antenna you mentioned, but because of it's small size, it probably doesn't do a great job with the VHF stations (KGO and KNTV).

      On Dec 13, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Bhavesh wrote:

      > RCA ANT1650 Flat Digital Amplified Indoor TV Antenna
    • Otto
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 31, 2011
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Link Perry <link.perry@...> wrote:

        > 1. If you have a laptop, haul it and your DSL modem out to the NID, where
        > the telephone line comes into your house. Then hook the phone cable from the
        > modem into the test port in the NID box. That completely isolates your house
        > phone wiring from the equation. If you see a big speed improvement when you
        > test at the NID, it might be worth running a dedicated line. When I did
        > this, my speed jumped from about 10 mbps to 14 mbps. So I ran a dedicated
        > line from the NID to my modem inside the house. I used Cat5 ethernet cable
        > (cuz I had some), but Cat3 is supposed to be sufficient.

        I highly recommend running a dedicated line. I used a 2-wire, shielded AT&T data cable (that's how it's labeled) and ran that to my office where I put in my own phone jack. I then installed the inline filter between the test port and the house line.