Re: Oakland antenna recommendation?

  • George
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 15, 2010
      Long story short, wound up buying a whole lot of stuff at Fry's and taking it into my attic. Nothing seemed to improve the reception much up there. Went back to the living room and plugged the old set top rabbit ears/loop antenna into the CM distributor amp, and that worked! The distributor amp allowed me to split to the TV and the WinTV USB stick, and the WinTV picks up channels better than having the antenna plugged directly into it. So everything but the amp went back to Fry's. Now I get the broadcast channels I want and have a couple extra outs from the distributor amp I could use for an HDHomeRun if I wanted.

      Thanks for all the help, even if indirect!

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "George" <gnguyen@...> wrote:

      > Sorry I forgot to mention that. Currently I have bunny ears/loop in the living room connected to only one thing, the TV. This setup gets all the major networks including ABC and NBC, with some occasional dropouts on FOX. So that is satisfactory.
      >
      > The same bunny ears/loop in the living room connected only to my HTPC/EyeTV One will not reliably get ABC and NBC. The EyeTV One has a worser tuner than my TV. An amp on my rabbit ears/loop antenna in its current living room spot probably won't help.
      >
      > I was recommended the Winegard MS2002 by solidsignal.com. Would something smaller like that or the HD-1080 or Winegard FreeVision be enough?
      >
      > Thanks all,
      > George
      >

      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Bennett Price <bjprice@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The original post didn't say whether the rabbit ears was working
      > > satisfactorily for 1 TV set.
      > > If it is, all that's needed is a distribution (amplified splitter)
      > > amplifier.

    • Adam Steinberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2010
        Slightly off-topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a satellite dish installer that can handle non-Dish Network, non-DirecTV installs, but rather the 3-4 foot dishes that receive ethnic programming? This person doesn't have to be a C-Band expert, just a trained guy that knows more than the basics. I am in downtown San Francisco, near Chinatown.

        Adam