RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Dark?

  • Richard Swank
    Message 1 of 74 , Mar 31, 2010

      Have any of you actually looked at the streamed video on a 63" HD display.  These streamed formats are for content only and in no way compete quality wise to real broadcast television.  Any argument that the streamed version of today television is a real replacement for it cannot be serious.  Yea NBC offers internet versions. Delayed and in no way does the video and audio compare.  You get the content but if you want quality forget it.

      I must be getting old and am set in my ways but I refuse to watch internet television on my Blackberry, laptop or 24" desktop.

      If the advertising revenue goes away because of loss of over the air so will the costly productions the free networks produce.   There will be plenty of reality programs if that is what you want.

      I personally do not watch over the air television as I live in the country and it isn't available.  I pay $100/month for satellite programming without any pay per month channels so this wouldn't impact me much.  I'm too old for the demographic of today's network television and if it isn't football, golf, Olympics or a special news event I have no use for the programming and watch cable channels.

      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 8 5:44 PM

        Well that can be taken the wrong way.....it is just that after a week+ regarding a topic that turns out to be a political issue verses any technical issue it is time to stop discussing it on a technical based users group.  By the way I meant either pro or con call your congressman.   I'm too old to make my life miserable either way but I am con the issue.