Changes

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      KKPX 65.4 Worship channel is no longer on the air. Their contract with all ION stations across the country ended at midnight last night.

      KFTY 50.1 (RF 32) says that they have received approval of their application to rotate their antenna pattern 90 degrees counter-clockwise and raise their antenna 25 feet atop Mt. St. Helena. They plan to make the change sometime around the end of this month. It will increase their signal to the south toward San Francisco and take it away from the Central Valley out toward Yuba City.

      As far as I can tell KAXT 22 analog has gone off the air. I no longer get a signal on 22, but would someone in the South Bay confirm that for me, please? KMMC-LP channel 40 from Mt. San Bruno is the only analog station I can receive here in the city now. KMMC has a construction permit for a digital station on channel 40, so we'll be seeing them switch over sometime, but no date has been announced.

      There has been no word on when KTVJ will be coming on the air from Mt. Tamalpais on channel 4. They originally said they'd be on the air in November, but there's no sign of them yet.

      Several other low power stations have construction permits, so we're also watching for the channel 3 translator KO3HY on Mt. Tam, KBKF channel 5 up at Skylonda (near Highways 35 and 84) and channel 6 from the Santa Cruz Mountains, and KDTS on either channel 8 or channel 22 from Mt. Diablo.

      Also coming are translators for KTVU on channel 48 and KGO on channel 35 from Monument Peak, KPIX on 42 and KBCW on 31 from Mt. Vaca, and KTFK on channel 5 from Mt. Diablo.

      If anyone sees any of these stations, or any others in the surrounding area, come on the air, please let me know so that I can update my DTV Station lists. Thanks.

    • nwsayer
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

        > As far as I can tell KAXT 22 analog has gone off the air. I no longer get a signal on 22, but would someone in the South Bay confirm that for me, please?

        Yup, they're gone.

        > KMMC-LP channel 40 from Mt. San Bruno is the only analog station I can receive here in the city now. KMMC has a construction permit for a digital station on channel 40, so we'll be seeing them switch over sometime, but no date has been announced.

        They're the only one I see down here in the south bay as well.
      • kb1we6r
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25
          I see KBKF-LP Analog ch 6 from a friends house in Santa Cruz with a single UHF bowtie. Says it is on Loma Prieta. KBKF-LP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia   Just  a very WEAK signal with text.