Test

  • Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV)
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
      Test

      Been so long since I've seen any chatter I thought I'd test and see if I'm still receiving emails.

    • Don Hackler
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
        Maybe everybody got their antennas working... :)

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
          Nah, it's just that epicurusradium went away.... :)

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
            No someone out there doesn't like KNTV.....I have faith!.....:)

            San Jose - Oakland - San Francisco

            Maybe everybody got their antennas working... :)

            On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV) wrote:

            Been so long since I've seen any chatter I thought I'd test and see if I'm still receiving emails.

          • Thomas Leipelt
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
              Does anyone know or have an idea when the two "translator" transmitters above Milpitas for KTVU and KGO will go live????

              No someone out there doesn't like KNTV.....I have faith!.....: )

              San Jose - Oakland - San Francisco

              Maybe everybody got their antennas working... :)

              On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV) wrote:

              Been so long since I've seen any chatter I thought I'd test and see if I'm still receiving emails.

            • nwsayer
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
                I'm waiting for word on the VHF-lo operations that are pending for Mt. Tam, like KTVJ. And the translator on Mt. Diablo for KTFK. Oh, and KMMC's flash cut.

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
                  Good luck with those.  The primary reason we removed our ch-11 antenna now was to send it to Fresno KNSO for their final DTV location on ch-11.  They are currently on ch-5 DTV main channel and it's a nightmare for them any local static causes lost lock.  Microwave ovens, vacuums, most in home electric motors, cars, etc.  Even at a higher power then these translators will be.  May be OK sometimes though.

                  Come to think of it this may be the delay as they might cause KNSO added interference if they powered up now.  Only reason they can change to ch-11 is that NBC owns them as well (Telemundo) and we accepted the added theoretical interference with the FCC.  My guess is there wont be any in the real world as there is plenty of terrain shielding.

                  If any of you can speak Spanish then this may be another DX possibility for you.  We'll probably cause you problems receiving that signal however.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009

                    On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Swank, Richard (NBC Universal, KNTV) wrote:

                    Been so long since I've seen any chatter I thought I'd test and see if I'm still receiving emails.

                    Both this group and the SF OTA thread on the AVS Forum have been quiet.  With the Sutro antenna project complete, I guess everyone has figured out all of their antenna problems.

                    Like Nick, I'm waiting for the new stations - channel 4 on Mt. Tam, channel 5 near Routes 35 and 84, channels 6 and 42 in the Santa Cruz Mountains and channel 8 or 22 on Mt. Diablo, all of the new translators - K03HY 3, KTFK 5, KBCW 31, KGO 35, KPIX 42, KTVU 48, and the conversion of KMMC 40 from analog to digital.  At least we have a few things to look forward to.

                  • Otto
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
                      Now that was funny!