Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: All new TV antennas installed at Sutro!

  • milt frankel
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2009

      --- On Sun, 10/4/09, nwsayer <nsayer@...> wrote:

      From: nwsayer <nsayer@...>
      Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: All new TV antennas installed at Sutro!
      To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 7:16 PM

      It's slightly amusing that KMTP and KQED are sharing an antenna. KMTP exists because they actually got the FCC to take KQED's license for KQEC away from them. I guess they let bygones be bygones. :)

      KMTP did not get the fcc to take  the license from kqed. it was a group that did not want the license.

      milt>

    • Stephen H. Fischer
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2009

        And they do not know what to do with it.

        At least they show every sign of not being able to operate it.

        I again saw signs when I surfed pass them the other day that the FCC could be getting ready to fine them again for the same reason, showing commercials.

        I have had great fun bashing them until the one program I wanted to watch started to be shown on KCSM-MHz.

        Note: KQED with all it's money could have put the station back on the air, they chose not to.

        Maybe they saw the future with three stations and six different channels which is what NCPB has now.

        SHF