Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Problems at KTSF?

  • Don Hackler
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2009
      I see the same thing.
      I let the chief engineer at KTSF know there appears to be a problem.

      - Don

      On May 29, 2009, at 11:47 AM, h82cspam wrote:

      > I think there might be something seriously wrong with their PSIP (no
      > valid virtual channel information for starters). Can anyone
      > corroborate?
      >
      > --E

    • Hung Tin Ming
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        Re KTVU, any guesses as to their antenna pattern? And how the ERP will compare to the other 4 stations in that area? (I can get the 4 here in Monterey).
        ...Keith

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

        > Here are a few items of interest pertaining to local digital stations:
        > KTVU has applied for a new l
      • Don Hackler
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
          I got this reply back from KTSF:

          "We checked this last week and had no problems...We also checked with
          Direct and Dish."

          On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Hung Tin Ming wrote:

          > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "h82cspam" <h82cspam@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I think there might be something seriously wrong with their PSIP
          >> (no valid virtual channel information for starters). Can anyone
          >> corroborate?
          >>
          >> --E
          >>

          > Can you also let KTSF know their SAP audio has no audio sound
          > starting last week for Direct and Dish Network viewers?

        • Hung Tin Ming
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
            I change the audio to secondary audio and still no audio for KTSF 26. The audio has been set to secondary audio (SAP). When it is set to SAP, KTVU 2 has a radio station on the SAP.

            Can you find out for me how to get the SAP audio for KTSF? This is for Dish Network. Right now, there is no audio.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
              At this time, the satellite providers are all receiving the digital
              stations, and SAP doesn't really exist like it did with analog.

              On my DirecTV box, I'm using the HDMI connection to my TV, so audio is
              handled by the set-top box, not the TV. I can select my default
              language on a system wide basis, and if the station is providing
              multiple languages, the proper language should be passed through. I
              don't know if this really works, since it depends on the proper PSIP
              information from the broadcaster, and it requires the satellite
              provider to handle it properly.

              All I can suggest is to ask Dish how to select languages on your Dish
              set top box.