Re: KKPX channel 41

  • mhensley25
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      Maybe there's hope NBC will move. It wouldn't affect me much either
      way, but I think it would make reception easier for a lot of other
      people. They used to have a translator station in Palo Alto, K56BR
      on Ch. 23... I wonder if it's still on the air?

      Anyway, I've seen signs of life from KDTV-DT 51, but I don't think
      they're ready with it. It's not on the air right now (neither is
      KKPX-DT). I don't think I'll watch it much anyway, since I speak
      very little Spanish.

      Speaking of Spanish, the info screen for KTVU-DT always shows that
      their audio is "Spanish (Dolby Digital)" for me, even though it's in
      English. Have other people noticed this? (the Spanish stations have
      the opposite problem...they show up as "English (Dolby Digital)" when
      they're most definitely in Spanish).

    • scmsurfer <urfer@sbcglobal.net>
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2003
        Friday night KKPX had one of my favorite movies on, but the picture
        was imposible to watch. The strength was 88, higher than other
        stations with great reception. The few times I have glanced at KKPX
        it looked fine. Does anyone know how this could happen and what I can
        do for the future, just in case they have another good movie? I am in
        Hayward with the antenna pointed at San Francisco. Most stations from
        Sutro range from 70 to 82 and the picture almost always looks great.
        Since KKPX is not located on Sutro, logic would suggest changing the
        direction of the antenna, but I cannot imagine getting a reading
        better than 88! No other station has given me problems unless the
        strength dipped well below 70.
      • sjfxl <sjfxl@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2003
          I'm seeing the same thing with KKPX. One of the strongest signals
          but either no picture or lots of dropouts when it does show up.

          -Steve

          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "scmsurfer <urfer@s...>"