Re: KKPX channel 41

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2002
      Mike wrote:
      > I plugged in the Latitude/Longitude of their DTV
      > antenna into Mapquest and it pinpointed Mt. San Bruno as the
      > location. The analog antenna pinpoints to Loma Prieta.

      Good idea for checking locations! I'll keep an eye on
      channel 41.1. Now if we could only get KNTV to do that
      with channel 12!

      Any information on KDTV on 51.1?

      Larry
    • mhensley25
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
        Maybe there's hope NBC will move. It wouldn't affect me much either
        way, but I think it would make reception easier for a lot of other
        people. They used to have a translator station in Palo Alto, K56BR
        on Ch. 23... I wonder if it's still on the air?

        Anyway, I've seen signs of life from KDTV-DT 51, but I don't think
        they're ready with it. It's not on the air right now (neither is
        KKPX-DT). I don't think I'll watch it much anyway, since I speak
        very little Spanish.

        Speaking of Spanish, the info screen for KTVU-DT always shows that
        their audio is "Spanish (Dolby Digital)" for me, even though it's in
        English. Have other people noticed this? (the Spanish stations have
        the opposite problem...they show up as "English (Dolby Digital)" when
        they're most definitely in Spanish).

      • scmsurfer <urfer@sbcglobal.net>
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2003
          Friday night KKPX had one of my favorite movies on, but the picture
          was imposible to watch. The strength was 88, higher than other
          stations with great reception. The few times I have glanced at KKPX
          it looked fine. Does anyone know how this could happen and what I can
          do for the future, just in case they have another good movie? I am in
          Hayward with the antenna pointed at San Francisco. Most stations from
          Sutro range from 70 to 82 and the picture almost always looks great.
          Since KKPX is not located on Sutro, logic would suggest changing the
          direction of the antenna, but I cannot imagine getting a reading
          better than 88! No other station has given me problems unless the
          strength dipped well below 70.
        • sjfxl <sjfxl@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2003
            I'm seeing the same thing with KKPX. One of the strongest signals
            but either no picture or lots of dropouts when it does show up.

            -Steve

            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "scmsurfer <urfer@s...>"