Re: Dressing of wires, 300 to 75 ohm balun???

  • Nick Sayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
      In theory, you'd want to cut the wires as short as possible, but in practice, they're already
      probably only 2 inches long as it is now. I wouldn't worry about it.
    • Frank Nemec W6NJR
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2008
        If I correctly understand what you're describing, the best is also the
        simplest and strongest. It's similar to the delta impedance match. Let
        the balun hang down so the wires form two legs of an equilateral
        triangle. For an example, see page 8 of
        http://www.channelmasterintl.com/documentation/manuals/guide_AntennaInstallation.pdf