RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: Dish6000 CBS HD feed?

  • Mark Del Secco
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 27, 2001
      Ted,

      Thanks for the feedback -- you've obviously been involved with
      E* Dish longer than I have! (I'm still a relative newbie :-)

      At 12:34 PM 7/27/01, Ted wrote:
      >Dish 500 conveniently lets you use one dish to get the 110 and 119 bird for
      >core programming.

      I can't compare my installation to the Dish 500....I have the 6000 for HD.

      >148 which is new, may not have all that 61.5 has.

      As far as HD content goes, the only difference between the two is that 61.5
      also broadcasts the Dish HD demo loop. 148 does not (at least at the time they
      fired it up).

      > So I wouldn't position
      >148 as a 61.5 replacement, at this time.

      Good point! I'm not doing anything until I learn how E* is gonna handle this.

      >If you don't have a dish pointed at 119, you could be missing some great
      >stuff that is on 119 only: AMC, Animal Planet, A&E, HGTV, tons of music and
      >PPVs, sports.

      I know I'm getting all the PPV, sports, AMC, A&E, CD music channels, etc.
      with my current configuration.

      -Mark