Re: KRCB... finally!

  • steviray
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
      Location, location, location!

      I live 3 miles in a straight line from the KRCB transmitter, and I
      get...nothing! Because I am in the lee of the hill that the
      transmitter sits atop. On the other hand, I used to get KNTV when they
      were broadcasting from Loma Prieta, well over 100 miles away. It's all
      about location!

      -Keith
    • epicurusradium
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "steviray" <kbemail@...> wrote:

        > Location, location, location!
        >
        > I live 3 miles in a straight line from the KRCB transmitter, and I
        > get...nothing! Because I am in the lee of the hill that the
        > transmitter sits atop. On the other hand, I used to get KNTV when they
        > were broadcasting from Loma Prieta, well over 100 miles away. It's all
        > about location!
        >
        > -Keith

        AND antenna hight. Both Sonoma Mountain and Loma Prieta are well above
        Twin Peaks and Mt.San Bruno in height...also they are mostly out of
        the coastal fog zone.