Re: TV Antenna/Digital Channels for Walnut Creek, Concord

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
      The best antennas I can recommend are the Channel Master CM3016 for VHF and CM4228 for UHF.  These two antennas have proven themselves time and time again as the ones that work the best in situations all across the country.  Tie them together with a CM7777 pre-amp. The Antennas Direct 91XG has often been quoted to be an equal to the CM4228.  The two have been compared side by side and they produce about the same results.  I, personally, haven't used the 91XG, but have had very good results with the CM4228.

      Due to the East Bay hills between the Concord-Walnut Creek area and the transmitters for the San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose stations, trying to get a reliable signal in that area might prove to be futile, so I wish you good luck!  You might have better luck tuning in the stations from Sacramento.

      For a list of all the stations in the area, check out my web site:

      On Jul 31, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Hung Tin Ming wrote:

      I have a friend who lives in Concord, Walnut Creek area. Currently,
      with a tv antenna, they can get certain Bay Area channels like KTVU 2,
      KGO 7, NBC 11, KTSF 26 with pixals. With the Digital Cable box hook
      up, they cannot get these stations. My question is there a type of
      antenna strong enough to get a better signal (without the digital box)
      through the antenna and hopefully, the digital box (if hook up) can
      get the clear signal with an extra antenna.

    • Nick Sayer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 10:50 AM
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

        > The best antennas I can recommend are the Channel Master CM3016 for
        > VHF and CM4228 for UHF.

        I would substitute the AntennaCraft Y5-7-13 or the Y10-7-13 around here for the 3016. We
        don't have any low VHF DTV stations (and won't after Feb), and if you're using a 4228 for
        UHF, then the UHF portion of the 3016 is wasted.
      • Jeff M
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2011
          Are these antenna recommendations still good 3 years later or are there better products on the market now?