Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: KQED - KTEH (NCPB) Monday Listings on SD

  • Stephen H. Fischer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi,

      Who is the collector of listings for TitanTV?

      Tribune is not the only one.

      Stephen H. Fischer

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
          Hi,

          Tribune is the listings supplier for many cable systems and others.

          They started Zap2It to reduce the Web Page Scraping of listings.

          It must have been a big problem for them and their customers.

          They must have thought they could control this misuse of their listings with
          newer web page designs so they ended Zap2It free listings.

          Sage might be an "ILLEGAL" web page scraper.

          My quick research makes me suspicious.

          How is Sage getting it's listing?

          Schedules Direct (SD) was started with a $20 / Year goal which was quickly
          met. The Tribune servers still provide the listings.

          No listings are "free". You must look at ads on the web based listings.

          Here in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale for me) the street light pole Internet
          service found that they could not make money with ad's and have closed down.

          So there may be some problems ahead for ad based services like the web
          listing ones.

          Stephen H. Fischer