Re: KMTP 32

  • Hung Tin Ming
    Message 1 of 32 , May 5, 2008
      World is the worst tv station out of KTSF and KCNS. Their
      programming is airing on a bad timeslot 6-8PM and on the weekends,
      they air gospel program to fill out half of their 2 hour time. Their
      drama series are getting worse and worse, older and older chosen by
      their DVD collection. I even count they always air the oldest DVD
      series first and never the newest like Dalja Springs, Man in
      Grapeyard. The current series Lovers in Prague was release 2 years
      ago. Not like KTSF and KCNS, they think and buy the best drama
      series with money. For World, they just pick up any series and air
      that one. It can be the best one or the worst one. That station was
      the first station to air any Korean series, then KTSF step in and
      air even better ones (Autumn in my heart and Winter Sonota) and now,
      KCNS airing the most recent ones still airing in Korea (Yi San). I
      wonder how they get the dubbing done so fast???? Maybe the station
      in Korean dub it for KCNS.

      What has been airing on 32-2 World? I mistakenly believe 32-2 was
      that Chinese station about human rights.

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kenney <Larry@...> wrote:

      > I've been thinking of calling KMTP, too, to find out why they
      don't
      > carry the programming shown on their analog channel on 32-1. As
      you
      > said, it's a waste... showing just an ID slide and an occasional
      > PSA... when they could easy put their analog programming on there.
      >
      > The "World Channel" on 32-2 is pretty much a waste of space, too.
      > seldom see any programming on there, just a continuous slide in
      Chinese.

      > Whoever is managing the station needs to rethink their priorities.
      >
      > Larry
      > SF
      >
      > - - -
      >
      > On May 5, 2008, at 12:31 PM, epicurusradium wrote:
      >
      > > I emailed KMTP several months ago about carrying their Arts and
      > > Entertainment programing running on their analog sta. pointing
      out the
      > > unused digital channels just going to waste anyway, and they
      replied
      > > that they have no plans to do that before Feb 17 '09.
      > >
      > > I don't understand why not - and no explanation was given. This
      just
      > > added to my frustration over there being so many all forign
      language
      > > all the time channels while the rest of us (still the majority)
      have
      > > less choice than we should, here in our country/our airwaves.
      > >
      > > I am not complaining about programing such as 'Russia Today' and
      > > 'Deuche Welle' (sp?) etc. which are mostly in English and which
      I do
      > > watch.

    • epicurusradium
      Message 32 of 32 , May 15, 2008
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "tuatara57macaw" <gihscto02@...>
        wrote:

        > Your 22 is different than mine. I haven't seen any Spanish or
        > religious shows on the three subchannels. The shows do not look like
        > regular PBS stuff.
        >
        > Both 9.4 and 54.something are Spanish language stations.
        >

        > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "epicurusradium" <gene9@> wrote:

        Don't know where you are, but here in west San Jose (near the VMC
        complex) the usual signal receivable on (physical) channel 22 is the
        aforementioned analog religious Spanish language station located
        somewhere in Santa Clara/San Jose. (as I recall the sta.ID is Santa
        Clara)

        When this station is off OR due to some unknown freaky reception
        conditions the PBS affiliated digital station in Cotati comes in 'loud
        & clear' on that physical channel. At other times just enough of the
        Cotati digital station gets through to produce wavy horizontal lines
        of varying intensity on the local Spanish language religious station.
        (I don't know the transmitter location of this analog station.)

        ~ epicurusradium