KCNS 38 on Dish Network, How hard for a station to get added onto a provider???

  • Hung Tin Ming
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1 6:09 PM
      How hard is it for a station to get added onto a certain carrier?

      I am disappointed at KCNS 38, a station which launch one year ago in
      April 2007 under new management, is still not on Dish Network. They
      added on Direct TV 3-4 months later, but I wonder why it is so hard
      for a TV station to get added onto DISH NETWORK, ECHOSTAR.
    • epicurusradium
      Message 32 of 32 , May 15 9:05 AM
        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "tuatara57macaw" <gihscto02@...>
        wrote:

        > Your 22 is different than mine. I haven't seen any Spanish or
        > religious shows on the three subchannels. The shows do not look like
        > regular PBS stuff.
        >
        > Both 9.4 and 54.something are Spanish language stations.
        >

        > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "epicurusradium" <gene9@> wrote:

        Don't know where you are, but here in west San Jose (near the VMC
        complex) the usual signal receivable on (physical) channel 22 is the
        aforementioned analog religious Spanish language station located
        somewhere in Santa Clara/San Jose. (as I recall the sta.ID is Santa
        Clara)

        When this station is off OR due to some unknown freaky reception
        conditions the PBS affiliated digital station in Cotati comes in 'loud
        & clear' on that physical channel. At other times just enough of the
        Cotati digital station gets through to produce wavy horizontal lines
        of varying intensity on the local Spanish language religious station.
        (I don't know the transmitter location of this analog station.)

        ~ epicurusradium