RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: The Insignia NS-DXA1 Converter Box

  • bill weber
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 5:09 AM
      i found some ppl that will forever incognito on dtv...one is called rrrrroger these ppls just don't know. added to list. sorry roger,,three strike u'erout. pls dont keep posting.

      To: hdtv-in-sfbay@yahoogroups.com
      From: bweber2k@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 01:11:13 -0700
      Subject: RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: The Insignia NS-DXA1 Converter Box

      I finally got to see one of the boxes on action. My machines are lg lst4200a tuner fed to a rca monitor pip tv...for the last two plus years. His insignia was not better, but not worst. He used the the rf output to feed the tv and so the dtv picture suffered emensly. The ingsinia box only had 12 hours per channel. It does not show all programing for all channels for twelve hours plus at one time. Does that make since? The is no 12 hour plus channel presentation...u only get to see programs on one channel unless u change the channel. The box in my mind meets the basicc requirements. Not what is needed to properly browse and pop a beer.

      > To: HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com
      > From: scottc@...
      > Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:48:40 +0000
      > Subject: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: The Insignia NS-DXA1 Converter Box
      >
      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Moore" <videoroy@...> wrote:
      >
      > > <snip>
      >
      > >> I had had good luck with other products they make including their
      > > flat panel HDTVs, so I sought out the Best Buy house brand model
      > > Insignia for my converter boxes. The NS-DXA1 was the model.
      >
      > Thanks for the positive review. I've been eyeing this box as well and
      > was waiting for someone to try it. I too applied for my coupons in
      > early January but haven't received them yet <sigh>.

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:HDTV-in-SFbay-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:HDTV-in-SFbay-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 9:02 AM

        --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, bill weber <bweber2k@...> wrote:
        >snip

        The ingsinia box only had 12 hours per channel. It does not show all programing for all channels for twelve hours plus at one time. Does that make since? The is no 12 hour plus channel presentation...u only get to see programs on one channel unless u change the channel.

        Over-The-Air program guides are not like Cable or Satellite guides.  For OTA program guides you have to be tuned to a TV station to see the PSIP data that is being transmitted for that channel.

        12 hours is the FCC minimum requirement so I am guessing to keep costs down some of these boxes may just meet the minimum requirement.

        A $50 box is not going to have all the bells and whistles a $200+ box would have.  These were designed to allow people with old Analog standard definition TV sets to continue watching TV OTA on their old 4 by 3 TV set after Analog goes dark.  Those people have no OTA program guide at this time so 12 hours is 12 hours more than they currently have.

        From what I am hearing the good news is the chipsets in these inexpensive boxes outperform the older more expensive digital decoders.   Being able to receive the signal is primary, without that the rest is irrelevent.