Re: Is it "Worth it?"

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 128 , Mar 1, 2008
      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Jan Mountjoy <echolane@...> wrote:
      > So I heaved a big sigh and connected the OTA
      > signal to the DISH DVR and now the OTA signals pass through the DISH
      > DVR and I can record OTA programs to the DVR as well as use DISH's
      > very good program guide to see what's being broadcast on OTA. MUCH
      > better logistically.

      Jan, couldn't you use an actual TiVo box, from TiVo itself, for this
      effect? :-/ :-)

      http://www.tivo.com/whatistivo/tivohd/index.html

      Dish uses TiVo for the DVR effect, right? Of course, then you would
      not get the premium channels like Showtime etc. Or maybe there's
      another factor in your situation that I'm not aware of/didn't read
      properly. :)

      --Brian
    • Richard Swank
      Message 128 of 128 , Mar 15, 2008

        Well you ask if they were publicly available.  In a blunt answer no.  These formats are production quality and can easily be manipulated or altered.  They are also mostly copyrighted.

        You could go buy a HD cameras and server and make your own but then you were a bit muffed by $795.