KTEH, The takeover continues!

  • Stephen H. Fischer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2007
      Friday Night I got EMPTY recordings for KTEH 54.3.

      I just looked at KTEH-DT and saw that they have changed the sub channel
      assignments.

      54.1 - KTEH-DT (Same as is on KQED-DT and KQET-DT based on the bugs)

      54.2 - KTEH-SD

      54.3 - KQED-SD

      54.4 - V-me

      The 54.3 sub channel which I was trying to record has NO picture or sound.
      3:30 PM 10/06/07

      It's name is perhaps what is to come after Feb 2009, KQED-SD to continue
      with similar programming like the analog channel has now.

      Too much old programing in the 4:3 format to still show perhaps. Perhaps
      they will not show the Letterboxed 16:9 programs on KQED-SD like now. That
      sounds like a good plan.

      I wonder what the big plan is for KQED, KTEH and KQET after Feb 2009.

      I would have expected that KQED-SD would have appeared on KQET not KTEH's
      Digital transmitter.

      Can someone please report what the channels are on KQET now!

      Stephen H. Fischer
    • Phil Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2007

        Just wanted to let you know that, weather permitting, DTV transmission at Sutro Tower will be off 9am-11am Friday morning 10/05 to allow for some work to be done. Some of you with sensitive receivers may need to do rescans to restore your locks on the signal once it returns. Cable transmission and the analog TV9 signal will not be affected by this work.

        Also, some other notes: KQED Digital TV has been doing some reconfiguring this week, and there have been some adjustments to our Digital line-up. DT9.2 (Comcast 189) is now a combination of programs which had been airing on DT9.4 (191), along with next-day repeats of Sunday through Thursday's primetime programming. KQED Life-Encore transmits 6am-5pm on DT9.2, and 24/7 on Comcast 189.

        Generally, the time segments which match the old "Life" concept are: Mon-Fri 3am-10am & 2pm-7pm; all Saturday, and Sunday midnight-5pm. The time segments which match the old "Encore" concept are: Sundays 5pm-midnight; Mon-Fri midnight-3am, 10am-2pm & 7pm-midnight. There will be occasional exceptions to this general plan. For a recap of what's where with our digital services, check the list at the bottom of this note.

        We've also welcomed V-Me to our list of channels, the first Spanish-language public broadcasting channel, which is now transmitting on DT9.4 / DT54.4 / DT25.4 / Comcast 191. V-Me offers dynamic programming that engages, entertains, and empowers Latino families throughout the Bay Area, presenting a youthful, contemporary mix of original productions, exclusive premieres and acquisitions, and popular public television programs specially adapted for American Latinos.

        Lastly, after sending out the note last week about the lip-sync problem during the HD broadcast of "The War", which had originated in the PBS feed, I received a note from a member of this list, reporting that he had recently purchased a lip sync error device, and which had corrected the problem for him across several channels and with his DVR player. While it's not KQED's policy to endorse any particular product, I'd be willing to collect feedback from other members of this list who may also be using such a device, and share it in a couple weeks.

        Enjoy!

        Red Dana
        Manager, KQED/KTEH/KQET Audience Services
        "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
        - Ernestine Ulmer

        Handy Links:
        KQED HD Daily Schedule
        KQED HD Prime Time Grid
        KQED Schedule Changes (all channels)
        TV "Got a Question?" Area

        KQED-DT
        9.1 HD (5pm-6am OTA)
        9.2 Life-Encore (6am-5pm OTA)
        9.3 World
        9.4 V-me
        9.5 Kids

        KTEH-DT
        54.1 HD (5pm-6am OTA)
        54.2 Simulcast of KTEH Analog service
        54.3 Simulcast of KQED Analog service
        54.4 V-me

        KQET-DT
        25.1 HD (5pm-6am OTA)
        25.2 Life-Encore (6am-5pm OTA)
        25.3 World
        25.4 V-me
        25.5 Kids

        Comcast DTV
        709 HD
        189 Life-Encore
        190 World
        191 V-me
        192 Kids

        Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
         Tell-a-friend!

        If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for KQED.

        This message was sent to paross@.... Visit your subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop receiving HDTV Alerts, click to unsubscribe. To stop ALL email from KQED, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Ross" <paross@...> wrote:

          > This message was sent to paross@... Visit your
          subscription management page to modify your email communication
          preferences or update your personal profile. To stop receiving HDTV
          Alerts, click to unsubscribe. To stop ALL email from KQED, click to
          remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or
          unsubscribe" in the subject line).

          Hi,

          Well, KQED-SD on 54.3 has disappeared. The channel ID for 54.3 still
          says KQED-SD but there has NOT been a picture for several days.

          About the time that Encore/Life went 24 Hours OTA on 9.2 and V-ME
          disappeared on KQED-DT. And KTEH-SD was perhaps added to KQET-DT
          Transmitter (DT25.5).

          I searched KQED and KTEH web pages and found nothing at all about
          KQED-SD on DT54(50) or any of the other changes.

          After looking at what you posted (Thanks) I came to the conclusion
          that to get information like this it is needed to be signed up to a
          news letter. They need to provide a way to get to old newsletters or
          maintain a web page with the latest information contain in them!

          There appears to be no way to look at past messages like you posted.

          Could you please post anything they might have said about the very
          recient changes.

          BTY, I noted that this group is linked to on KQED-DT resources page.

          http://www.kqed.org/help/tv/dtv-resources.jsp

          Stephen H. Fischer
        • Stephen H. Fischer
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
            Hi,

            Well, KQED-SD on 54.3 is back.

            I checked earlier in the evening (Tuesday) and it looks just the same
            (Great) as before it disappeared.

            I wish that it had came back Saturday, the Movies on KQED 9 NTSC were a pain
            to watch as my HDTV has such poor NTSC tuners (2).

            Stephen H. Fischer