Re: [HDTV-in-SFbay] KTVU-HD Problem

  • Steve Lee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2007

      I had the same problem on OTA and DirecTV...

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2007
        Yup, lots of audio and video dropouts on channel 2 over the last couple of weeks for me. Became so annoying to my girlfriend that she turned "House" off in the middle of the broadcast. Dropouts during "On the Lot" and "Hell's Kitchen" too. Strangely, I don't see any such dropouts during the morning HD news broadcasts.

        I'm using the DirecTV HD20, 5 LNB dish, satellite HD feed.

        Jeff Kirk

        On Jun 20, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Steve Lee wrote:

        I had the same problem on OTA and DirecTV...

        Anyone have problems with KTVU Wednesday night? I had numerous
        breakups and audio/video sync problems viewing with both my antenna
        and Dish Network.

        Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

      • Larry Katzeff

          Anyone have problems with KTVU Wednesday night? I had numerous
          breakups and audio/video sync problems viewing with both my antenna
          and Dish Network.

          Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

          Larry Katzeff

          Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
        • bigfox90210
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 21, 2007
            --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Larry Katzeff <lxkatze@...>
            wrote:

            > The HD news over OTA and Directv MPEG4 are fine. However, Networks
            shows are having audio and video dropouts. Does anybody here have any
            contacts with Fox?
            > I hope they realize that there is a problem that is going on for
            the last couple of weeks.

            > Jeff Kirk <jeffkirk1@...> wrote:
            > Yup, lots of audio and video dropouts on channel 2 over
            the last couple of weeks for me. Became so annoying to my girlfriend
            that she turned "House" off in the middle of the broadcast. Dropouts
            during "On the Lot" and "Hell's Kitchen" too. Strangely, I don't see
            any such dropouts during the morning HD news broadcasts.

            > I'm using the DirecTV HD20, 5 LNB dish, satellite HD feed.
            >

            > Jeff Kirk
            >
            > On Jun 20, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Steve Lee wrote:
            >

            > I had the same problem on OTA and DirecTV...

            In response with the problems with ktvu CH 2 Larry, just to let him
            know that there seems to be some problems with the audio carrier from
            DirecTV, having a garglely sound with most of the channels, and even
            with most of the channels encountering to much audio saturation with
            most of the channels, to which I'm sure these folks at DirecTV knows
            about. There is a friend of mine who is encountering the same
            problems that you and I are having with the issues DirecTV. There
            comeback is "It's the stations fault. How much of this crapped where
            going to take with DirecTV.
          • Larry Katzeff
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 21, 2007
              This is not a Directv problem. Its happening also over OTA network feeds.

              wrote:

              > The HD news over OTA and Directv MPEG4 are fine. However, Networks
              shows are having audio and video dropouts. Does anybody here have any
              contacts with Fox?
              > I hope they realize that there is a problem that is going on for
              the last couple of weeks.

              > Jeff Kirk <jeffkirk1@. ..> wrote:
              > Yup, lots of audio and video dropouts on channel 2 over
              the last couple of weeks for me. Became so annoying to my girlfriend
              that she turned "House" off in the middle of the broadcast. Dropouts
              during "On the Lot" and "Hell's Kitchen" too. Strangely, I don't see
              any such dropouts during the morning HD news broadcasts.

              > I'm using the DirecTV HD20, 5 LNB dish, satellite HD feed.
              >

              > Jeff Kirk
              >
              > On Jun 20, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Steve Lee wrote:
              >

              > I had the same problem on OTA and DirecTV...

            • Jason Gillis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2007
                I've been seeing it on Comcast, as well.  The WAF for HD has decreased significantly.  I'll be happy to tell her that it _isn't_ mythtv's fault this time.  :)

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2007
                  --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Gillis" <jgillis@...>
                  wrote:
                  >I seem to feel that this a diredTV problem, for when using an over
                  the air antenna, I notice that the digital side of ch 2 didn't
                  encounter any dropouts when using a Samsung SIR-T451 High Definition
                  Terrestial ATSC Tuner. For the audio levels where well match, it was
                  only when switch from the samsung to DirecTV I have notice that the
                  levels from the DirecTV audio smme to have more saturation with it's
                  audio, due to having to much compression,and also being that the way
                  the siganl being delivered to the receiver through a repeator system.
                  Personally i feel OTA reception and C-band systems delivered their
                  signal im more line of site, and don't have to used a piggy back
                  system, without having a 3 second delay.

                • Larry Katzeff
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 21, 2007
                    My OTA is going directly to ATSC tuner in the Panasonic Plasma. No Directv in the middle.

                    wrote:
                    >I seem to feel that this a diredTV problem, for when using an over
                    the air antenna, I notice that the digital side of ch 2 didn't
                    encounter any dropouts when using a Samsung SIR-T451 High Definition
                    Terrestial ATSC Tuner. For the audio levels where well match, it was
                    only when switch from the samsung to DirecTV I have notice that the
                    levels from the DirecTV audio smme to have more saturation with it's
                    audio, due to having to much compression, and also being that the way
                    the siganl being delivered to the receiver through a repeator system.
                    Personally i feel OTA reception and C-band systems delivered their
                    signal im more line of site, and don't have to used a piggy back
                    system, without having a 3 second delay.
                    > I've been seeing it on Comcast, as well. The WAF for HD has
                    decreased significantly. I'll be happy to tell her that it _isn't_
                    mythtv's fault this time. :)

                    Larry Katzeff